Deadline: July 24, 2018
Applications are invited for the Wellcome Trust Investigator Awards in Science 2018. The Investigator Awards enable independent researchers in the fields of basic, clinical and public health with a compelling research vision to tackle the most important questions in science.
Wellcome exists to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive. They are a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. They support scientists and researchers, take on big problems, fuel imaginations, and spark debate.
Wellcome Trust’s funding supports over 14,000 people in more than 70 countries. In the next five years, they aim to spend up to £5 billion helping thousands of curious, passionate people all over the world explore ideas in science, population health, medical innovation, the humanities and social sciences and public engagement.
- Investigator Awards provide flexible funding of up to around £3 million. Awards can last up to 7 years. You should ask for a level and duration of funding that’s justifiable for your proposed research. You can hold an award on a part-time basis.
- You can apply for an Investigator Award if you’re an independent researcher with a compelling research vision who wants to tackle the most important questions in your field;
- These awards are also open to joint applications from two researchers whose complementary expertise is essential to deliver their shared vision;
- If you’re in the early stages of your independent research career, you should be able to show that you can drive advances in your field of study and that you have considerable promise for the future;
- If you’re a more established researcher, you should have achieved more in terms of the originality and impact of your research;
- Your research proposal must:
- describe an innovative and ambitious programme of work that could transform your field
- explain the approaches you will use to deliver that programme of work
- be distinct from, and not replace, activities already supported by other awards
- be within WellCome Trust’s scientific remit.
For more information, visit Wellcome Trust Investigator Awards in Science.