Deadline: April 30, 2018
The Indonesian government is offering the Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship for potential International students to get their master degree in Indonesian Universities. The KNB scholarship provides the opportunity for potential students in developing countries to develop their knowledge and competencies that will subsequently enhance their chances to fulfill those roles back in their home countries. The KNB scholarship opens the opportunity to experience life in the culturally most diverse nation in the world while studying and earning a master degree.
The scholarship is offered to potential students from developing countries to earn their Master Degree at one of 16 prominent universities in Indonesia. Between 2009 – 2017 periods, we have been awarding 992 scholarships to students coming from 71 developing countries around the world.
The Program Objectives:
- To contribute in the human resource development in the developing countries
- To promote deeper cultural understanding among developing countries
- To strengthen the relationship and cooperation among developing countries
- Indonesian Language Training Program A one academic year Indonesian Language (Bahasa) course is a compulsory for all KNB students as all courses required to complete the Master program (lecture and thesis) will be conducted in Bahasa. The Bahasa course will be provided by each University.
- Preparatory program Preparatory program prior to the KNB Master program will be arranged in accordance with the conditions and program guidelines in each university.
- Academic Program Maximum of 4 semesters for post graduate program (Master Degree) and maximum of 8 semesters for under graduate program (Bachelor Degree). In order to successfully complete the program, it is important for all KNB students to consistently produce a good academic progress by developing a can do attitude, stay focus, punctual, and discipline.
The KNB Scholarship covers:
- A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,000,000 will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia;
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance of IDR 2,550,000 per month;
- During the Master Program, the KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance
- A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student);
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university
The scholarship is paid for 12 calendar months each academic year during the normal period of study, except the first academic year of the normal period of study when the scholarship is paid for 4 months and the last academic year of the normal period of study when the scholarship is paid for 8 months. Please be advised that in case of early program completion, all scholarships payment will be stopped by the time the awardee set off for home (returning to home country).
- The maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 35 years old
- Applicant must hold a bachelor degree (master degree holder is not eligible to apply)
- Applicant must have a TOEFL (or other certified English Proficiency) score of 500 or equivalent
- Applicants must complete the on-line application form
- Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by the KNB Scholarship management
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country
- Nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of Education, other related Government Agency – should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant’s Country of Origin in Indonesia)
- 2 Academic Recommendation letters
- Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate
- Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English)
- Scanned TOEFL score certificate (or other English Proficiency Tests) obtained within the last 2 Years
- Scanned Official Medical Statement (Official Diagnose) prepared by a certified physician.
How to Apply
- Download the Invitation Letter (Available in the KNB Scholarship website)
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter
- Complete the online application process
- Selection process
- Selection Results Announcement. The Selection Results will be announced online via the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network
For more information, visit KNB Scholarship.