Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition 2018
Deadline: July 31, 2018
Entries are now open for the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition – a worldwide online competition on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and business ideas/projects to achieve them. This global platform empowers young entrepreneurs (age 15-35) from around the world to engage in a more peaceful world.
Participants are invited to submit their innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champion and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s). The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 related targets address the most important social, economic, environmental, health and governance challenges of our time.
This program is an activity of the UNESCO Global Action Programme (GAP) on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)
Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize and People’s Choice Prize winners will be selected in each of the following two categories:
- Best Ideas Category: Innovative ideas and plans to be implemented (by the entrant or by others)
- Best Projects Category: Already existing enterprise which has demonstrated social impact
- Grand Prize winners and the People’s Choice Prize winners will receive a virtual Gold Badge and a Certificate.
- Second Prize winners will receive virtual Silver Badge and a Certificate.
- Third Prize winners will receive a virtual Bronze Badge and a Certificate.
- Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive an Honorable Mention Badge.
- Entrepreneurship Campus Prize winners will receive a Certificate Campus Prize Winner Badge.
Grand Prize and People’s Choice winners, Second Prize and Third Prize winners, and the Entrepreneurship Campus Prize winners will be made public at a Winners’ Announcement Ceremony at the Entrepreneurship Summit in Berlin in October 2018.
You are eligible to enter, if:
- You are between the ages of 15 and 35
- You have an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). OR You are operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization or an informal program
- You are able to submit your entry in English.
- Register (link below) online and create your account! They will send you an email confirmation. Please check your spam folder. You must confirm in order to activate your account.
- If you want to submit an idea, go to Submit an idea!
- If you want to submit a project, go to Submit a project!
- Fill out and submit the preliminary entry form. Then wait for a response from the competition administrators.
Entries are reviewed by the competition administrators of Stiftung Entrepreneurship Berlin and Digital Experts United. Only those entries that meet a certain standard and pass the preliminary screening will be invited to provide more details about their idea/project in a second entry form.
For more information, visit Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition.