Call for Nominations: Roslyn S. Jaffe Awards 2018 (Up to $100,000 Prize)
Deadline: May 24, 2018
Do you know someone whose organization is improving the lives of women and/or children? Nominate them for the Roslyn S. Jaffe Awards grant so their work can bear even more fruit.
The Jaffe Awards recognize pioneering individuals who have persevered in their commitment to making the world a better place for women and children in the areas of health, education, leadership development, social reform and esteem. Sponsor will select one grand-prize winner and two runners up from among all eligible applications received, in accordance with the judging criteria described above.
The grand-prize winner’s Organization (or its Fiscal Sponsor, if applicable) will receive a $100,000 award. The Organization of each runner up (or its Fiscal Sponsor) will receive a $25,000 award.
To nominate someone, you must be at least 18 years of age. Nominees must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia,
- At least eighteen (18) years old on the date of nomination in this contest, and
- The creator or founder of a social impact organization (“Organization”) that:
- Is either (i) a legal entity that has itself received and maintains 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service throughout the entire contest (including, as applicable, the prize fulfillment process) or (ii) holds a formalized, written fiscal-sponsorship arrangement with a legal entity that has received and maintains 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service throughout the entire contest (including, as applicable, the prize fulfillment process) (“Fiscal Sponsor”),
- Is independent and autonomous and must not be substantially supported by, or serve the purpose of promoting, religious or political organizations or beliefs (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Nominee must be the Organization’s principal decision maker in management and development matters. Organizations that were started under the direction of an existing third-party organization (i.e., any entity other than the Organization created by the nominee) do not meet this requirement and are ineligible in this Contest. (Organizations with a Fiscal Sponsor may still be considered autonomous and satisfy this requirement as determined by Sponsor in its discretion.),
- Is U.S.-based, and
- Has a primary objective related to improving health, education, or esteem or to leadership development or social reform and serves low- and middle-income women and/or children in the U.S.
Nominees who meet the eligibility requirements and complete the application process will be evaluated by a panel of judges, chosen by Sponsor, who will apply the following criteria according to the percentage weights indicated:
- High impact – The nominee’s Organization highly impacts low- to middle-income women and/or children in the US and its work has resulted in clear benefits to these populations [35%].
- Innovative & Responsive Approach – The nominee’s Organization has an innovative and entrepreneurial approach that addresses a challenge and its vision in a unique way. The Organization is also driven by its efforts to identify community needs, and, in response, build programming and services to affect those needs [30%].
- Off the Grid – At the time when nominees are evaluated in this contest, the Organization and its programming are not widely known, and are positioned to leverage the funding and/or the visibility provided should it win a Jaffe Award [10%].
- Scalable – The Organization can be expanded/replicated and applied to other locations [5%].
- High Caliber of Leadership – The leadership of the nominee’s Organization – including the nominee – has the ability to create, advocate, and influence the Organization’s vision [20%].
Do you know an everyday hero changing the lives of others? Nominate them today for the chance for their organization to win $100,000 for its program.
Read the rules.
For more information, visit Jaffe Awards.