Deadline: April 15, 2018
Sozo Networks and Appalachian State University welcome applications for the 2018 Grant Writing Course in Nigeria. The goal of this project is to provide two intensive, four-day Grant Writing Workshops for young entrepreneurs, civic and public management leaders in Nigeria so that they may acquire skills to write grants in order to support their worthwhile projects. The grant writing course will be conducted in Lagos and Abuja between April 20 and May 6, 2018.
This Course is brought to you by the Sozo Networks and Appalachian State University with the support of the Ibadan School of Public Policy, Centre for Values in Leadership and Sponsored by the United States of America, Department of States and International Research and Exchange Board.
The Lead facilitator is Professor Jesse Lutabingwa an expert in grant writing Associate vice chancellor of international education and development; director of international research and development; and professor of public administration Office of International Education and Development, Department of Government and Justice Studies, Appalachian State University, North Carolina, USA. Other facilitators includes Mrs Darcy Zotter, the public Affairs Officer of the US Consulate and Mrs Adepeju Jaiyeoba, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Mothers’ Delivery Kit.
- Lagos: Tuesday April 24 – Friday April 27, 2018
- Abuja: Monday April 30 to Thursday, May 3, 2018
During the courses, 100 participants will:
- Learn how project proposal ideas are developed;
- Understand strategies for developing relationships with funders;
- Understand the major components of a project proposal;
- Learn how to develop strategies for successfully implementing funded projects;
- Become familiar with the grants opportunities available through the US Embassy in Nigeria;
- Receive a resource directory of “Funding for Community Development Projects in Africa” compiled by Professor Jesse Lutabingwa;
- Learn about other fundraising concepts besides grant writing; and
- Share knowledge about what has worked well within their organizations and explore opportunities to collaborate with each other.
The course will have the training-of-trainers focus. That is, they expect that the 100 participants who will attend the two courses will have a multiplier effect of training others within their immediate communities. The materials used during the course will be available electronically for participants to utilize when conducting their own workshops. In this way, the initial investment in 100 participants will multiply several times more.
- Preferred applicants are emerging non profit executives or entrepreneurs who require grant writing for raising funds to sustain or scale their impacts.
- Participants must be willing to train at least 10 more people
- Participants must be available for the entire course duration
Become an expert grant writer, earn a certification in grant writing through this 4-day Grant writing course. Diligently and carefully complete this form to earn a scholarship to be a part of this course. Please note that you can not save to continue later, so we suggest that you write questions out and fill in answers when you are ready. Good luck!
For more information, visit Sozo-AppState Grant Writing Course.