Nike Circular Innovation Challenge 2018 – “Design with Grind”
Deadline: May 1, 2018
How might we create a waste-free, circular future by designing everyday products using Nike Grind materials? Share your ideas to answer the Challenge question for a chance at a share of $50K in the Nike Circular Innovation Challenge 2018.
The goal of this Challenge is to identify promising new solutions for Nike Grind materials, so Nike can continue to create products that improve the lives of the people who use them, while reducing waste in the world around us.
The Ideation phase is more than just a call for proposals. At OpenIDEO, they believe that new and existing ideas become better through collaboration, transparent feedback, and iteration. Participants are encouraged to build off of others’ concepts, collaboratively share insights, and combine ideas to reach innovative new places.
- One grand prize winner will receive $30,000, and up to four more top innovators will receive $5,000 grants for further development of their concept.
- All promising proposals will be considered for further partnership with Nike.
The Challenge is open only to:
- Legal residents of the eligible countries who are aged eighteen (18) or older on the date of Entry; and
- Entities that
- Are validly formed under the laws of the eligible countries with a principal place of business in the eligible countries,
- Are in good standing in their place of formation and principal place of business, and
- Have proper corporate authorization and approval pursuant to such entity’s governing documents to enter this Challenge.
- Eligible Countries: United States of America, Canada (except the province of Québec), Mexico, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Spain, Italy, Austria, Japan, China, Indonesia, Vietnam, & Australia. Submissions from additional countries not on this list may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Submissions will be evaluated according to the following criteria.
- Product Solution: The proposed solution incorporates a significant amount of Nike Grind materials into new or existing products
- Innovation: The proposed solution represents a significant advance in the way waste materials can be repurposed into new, valuable products. Especially of interest are solutions for mixed material streams that are often more difficult to return to high value.
- Prototype: The proposed solution can be produced as a tangible proof of concept during the refinement phase.
- Business Plan: The proposed solution has presented a business plan and completed a required business model canvas that clearly demonstrates a pathway to scale.
Additional considerations of interest include:
- Inspiration: Your team shares Nike’s commitment to creating a better future. Especially of interest are solutions for mixed material streams that are often more difficult to return to high value.
- Human-Centered Design: Proposed solution should incorporate user and market feedback throughout the design process.
For more information, visit Nike Circular Innovation Challenge.