ACU’s Wighton Fellowship in Engineering 2018 (Up to GBP £5000)
Deadline: May 6, 2018
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) is pleased to announce applications for the Wighton Fellowship in Engineering 2018. The Fellowship is tenable either at any ACU member university outside the applicant’s home country, or in industry, commerce or public service in a Commonwealth country other than the applicant’s home country.
Those working in universities may hold a fellowship in either another ACU member university or in industry, commerce or public service abroad; but those working in industry, commerce or public service can only hold a fellowship at an ACU member university. The tenure of the fellowship must be for a period of less than six months, and travel must take place between August 1, 2018 and July 31, 2019.
Up to GBP £5000 and intended to cover:
- international economy return airfare and other travel costs
- medical insurance and visa fees
- board and lodging fees
- research costs
- Applicants must be professional or academic staff working in the engineering department of an ACU member university in a low or middle-income country (please refer to ACU membership criteria for list of LMICs).
Other terms and conditions
- Fellowships are not intended for degree courses or postdocs;
- The ACU cannot arrange fellows’ attachments, travel or accommodation, nor can it work out itineraries for them. Applicants should be aware that ACU Fellowships allow for small scale conference or course attendance within a wider programme, but applications where the primary or sole purpose is attendance of a conference or course will not be considered;
- Fellows are required to submit a 1000-2500 word report within three months of the fellowship ending.
Applicants must submit a proposal for their fellowship and provide proof of support for their fellowship from their host institution, as well as from their head of department at their home institution.
For more information, visit ACU’s Wighton Fellowship in Engineering.