World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Professional Development Grants 2018
Deadline: May 1, 2018
World Wildlife Fund (WWF) is accepting applications for the Professional Development Grants (PDGs). The Professional Development Grants provide support for mid-career conservationists to pursue short-term, non-degree training to upgrade their knowledge and skills. These trainings can include short courses, certificate trainings, or conferences among other training opportunities. PDGs provide the tools necessary for professionals to advance in their careers and improve local capacity in their home countries.
PDGs support training-related costs, including registration fees and tuition, meals and accommodations, books and materials, international travel, visa fees, and local transportation. Training may take place anywhere in the world and applicants can request up to $6,500.
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria to be considered for a grant.
- You must be a citizen of an eligible country.
- You must currently be living and working in your home country.
- You must have at least three years of paid work experience in a conservation-related field in your home country.
- You must have applied to or already be accepted to participate in the proposed training at the time you submit your application.
- Your current work and proposed training must help advance conservation in your home country.
- You must not be enrolled in an academic degree program.
- You must have approval from your employer to participate in the proposed training and the promise of continued employment.
- You must have a bank account in your own name that can receive US dollars and international wire transfers.
- You must not have received funding from EFN in the past. Previous PDG recipients may be eligible for Alumni Grants.
- The proposed training must take place at least 90 days after the application deadline.
- You must submit all required documents by the application deadline.
Individuals from the following countries are eligible to apply. Please note that within the eligible countries EFN gives preference to applicants working in WWF priority regions.
- Central African Republic
- Dem. Republic of Congo
- French Guiana
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Congo
- Solomon Islands
All applicants must complete an application by one of the deadlines noted below. The proposed training must take place at least 90 days after the application deadline to allow EFN time for review, selection and processing of the grant.
- November 1, 2017
- February 1, 2018
- May 1, 2018
- August 1, 2018
Individuals may submit an online application at any time. Completed applications will be reviewed on the dates noted above, and applicants will be notified of the results within one month after the application deadline. Please note: PDGs are highly competitive. Meeting the minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee you will receive a grant.
The online application requires the following:
- Contact information
- Previous and current employment information
- Educational qualifications
- Course/training details
- Acceptance letter from proposed course/training
- Employer approval
- CV or resume
- Detailed budget not to exceed $6,500
Click HERE to access the application.
For more information, visit Professional Development Grants.