British Council Nigeria is looking for Finance Support Intern – Abuja (Paid)
Deadline: March 24, 2o18
British Council Nigeria is looking for Finance Support Intern in their Abuja Office. The intern will report to Accountant based in Abuja. S/he will be expected to work closely with other members of the Finance team and key internal stakeholders. Are you a recent graduate? Do you have an interest in Financial Accounting? Then apply for the role of Finance Support Intern in their Abuja office.
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. They work in over 20 Sub-Saharan African countries, where we deliver work in partnership with governments, educational institutions, civil society, the private sector and donors.
- Duration: 6 months
- Remuneration: The intern will be paid equivalent N50,000 per month.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Accountant, the intern(s) duties will include:
- Scanning of invoices after due diligence has been performed by the Accountant
- Proper filing of finance related documents such as scanned invoices and tax documents
- Assist the Accountant in monthly tax remittance and filing
- Assist the Accountant in carrying out pre-banking activities
- Any other task as reasonably requested by the Accountant or Senior member of the Finance team
Learning and development opportunities for the intern
- General understanding of the work and mission of the British Council and how it contributes to the development of the Education system in Nigeria
- Insight and hands-on experience in day-to-day Accounting systems and procedures
- Becoming familiar with working in an International Organization and in a multicultural environment
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a recent graduate (graduated within the last 2 years) with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Be computer literate with a high degree of proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have an interest in Financial Accounting
- Experience in an Accounting role.
Note: This is a short-term intern position; intern roles are not a prelude to longer term employment with the organisation. If opportunities for further paid employment arise, these will be advertised and interns who apply will be considered against the same criteria as other applicants.
For more information, visit British Council Nigeria.