Ashoka ChangemakerXchange Summit in South Africa 2018 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: April 9, 2018
Calling young social innovators in Southern Africa! Apply to join ChangemakerXchange summit in Johannesburg, South Africa from June 18th to 22nd, 2018. The Changemakerxchange is a unique unconference and global community of young changemakers who connect and co-create cross-border impact projects! It is designed for young people who founded / lead their own initiative to tackle a social / environmental problem in Southern Africa.
ChangemakerXchange brings together some of the world’s top social innovators, who have dedicated their lives to solving a social problem and have the skills and mindset to collaborate for collective impact. ChangemakerXchange has no panels, no power-points, no guest speakers or site visits. We believe the magic comes through an open and flexible participant-led agenda which leverages the collective intelligence of the group. There is a strong emphasis both on maximizing social impact and on personal wellbeing.
ChangemakerXchange is co-created by Ashoka and the Robert Bosch Stiftung.
ChangemakerXchange covers your travel costs to/from Johannesburg/South Africa as well as all of the conference costs for all four nights and five days (including hotel accommodation, inner city travel, food, entrance fees, etc.).
- Open to Changemakers from Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 30.
- Applicants should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture which is up and running and addresses a relevant social problem. They are unable to accept applicants with an idea only or who are volunteering for an organisation.
- Applicants must have a good level of English that enables them to understand, present, and collaborate throughout the summit.
- Applicants should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young social entrepreneurs and be willing to play an active role within this community.
Top Tip: Please draft your application in a Word document before filling out the following form, as it does not allow you to save your progress.
Complete the online application.
For more information, visit Ashoka ChangemakerXchange.