Deadline: April 8, 2018
Apply for the Association of European Cancer Leagues Youth Ambassador programme! ECL Youth Ambassador programme brings together students and young professionals interested in cancer prevention and motivated to share this enthusiasm with their peers across Europe. They represent ECL in their home country and with their activities promote the European Code Against Cancer.
Founded in 2015, the ECL Youth Ambassadors for the European Code against Cancer brings together highly motivated young people from more than 20 different countries across Europe. Youth Ambassadors are students and young professionals drawn from many disciplines including medicine, public health, law, and political sciences. They all share a deep conviction that cancer can be defeated by following the 12 messages of the European Code against Cancer.
Through different events and initiatives, Youth Ambassadors make creative and enterprising actions to promote cancer prevention. The Youth Ambassadors group meets every year for an annual workshop to share experiences and develop common actions. The Youth Ambassadors for the ECAC group receives secretarial support from the Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL), a Brussels‐based non‐profit organisation who represents national cancer leagues across Europe.
Are you interested in raising awareness about cancer prevention and would like to share your knowledge and experience with other likeminded young people? Apply now.
Youth ambassadors are expected to be involved in the following tasks:
- engage in at least one activity during the year to promote the European Code Against Cancer and provide feedback on the activity to the ECL secretariat;
- commit to attending the annual workshop, which is held in June or July each year;
Ambassadors will be encouraged to share ideas and experiences between other Youth Ambassadors and ECL – an exchange of information is facilitated through regular teleconferences as well as Youth Ambassador Facebook group and e-mail correspondence. To highlight the activities of the ambassadors dedicated newsletter is published twice per year. Additional opportunities to participate in events and conferences are made available on an ad-hoc basis.
- Open to those aged 18-35 (at the time of application) and residing in the WHO European Region except Bulgaria, Finland, France, Germany, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Georgia, Ireland, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, UK, Ukraine.
- Youth ambassadors can be students, professionals, or volunteers from any relevant discipline to health promotion and diseases prevention.
- The key requirement is that ambassadors can demonstrate their passion for health promotion, and are willing to disseminate and amplify the messages of the European Code Against Cancer.
If you have any questions, please contact Asnate Kaupe at [email protected].
Fill application form here.
For more information, visit Association of European Cancer Leagues.