Future Earth seeks Digital and Engagement Editor (Boulder, USA)
Deadline: April 15, 2018
Future Earth is looking for a strategic and creative individual to build their online brand and community, overseeing their web presence through social media channels and two websites: Future Earth’s main website and the website of their award-winning digital and print magazine Anthropocene. The digital and engagement editor will take the lead in interacting with and amplifying the voices of Future Earth’s global community of researchers and innovators in policy, business and non-governmental organizations – all working to generate new knowledge for sustainability.
The person stepping into this role will take an entrepreneurial approach to their digital expansion, setting targets for growing followers and building readership for both Future Earth and Anthropocene magazine. The editor will be someone who lives and breathes social media and who enjoys developing fun and creative content for the web and social media.
Salary range: $55,000 to $65,000
Anthropocene magazine (50%):
- Craft overall social media strategy and manage the magazine’s social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, other), prioritizing engaging new audiences and bringing in paid subscribers;
- Develop and track online ads through Google, Facebook and other channels;
- Assist in the design and maintenance of the magazine’s website (WordPress);
- Design, implement and track a promotion plan for magazine with the goal of building readership and paid subscribers.
Future Earth (50%):
- Post regular updates to the website (Drupal), including news, blogs and other content;
- Design website content to meet high standards for professionalism and perform copy editing on text;
- Play a major role in leading the development of a new Future Earth website (WordPress).
- Design and carry out social media campaigns around key events and priorities for Future Earth and track their results;
- Develop and implement a social media strategy for Future Earth, encompassing building a consistent voice and branding and integrating innovative tools for expanding engagement with target audiences.
- Support communications and advancement efforts within the Colorado Hub of Future Earth.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 3-5 years’ experience in social media/communities and proven experience in leading the social media presence for a complex organization;
- Experience in social media management and tracking tools;
- Proven capacity in designing and carrying out social media strategies and campaigns;
- Experience in website design using WordPress and Drupal;
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills;
- Experience in MailChimp or a similar email marketing platform;
- Experience in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere) and strong skills in graphic design preferred;
- Experience shooting and editing photographs and video preferred;
- Passion for environmental and sustainability science and policy a must.
Applicants are requested to address the above description and qualifications in a cover letter and attach a curriculum vitae with the name and contact details of three references.
Please submit applications here.
For more information, visit Future Earth.