Deadline: April 22, 2018
Applications are open for 2018 WiSci Girls STEAM Camp Georgia. Join other girls from around the world for a unique educational opportunity and rich cross-cultural experience at the 2018 WiSci Girls STEAM Camp held in Georgia Aug 12 – Aug 25, 2018. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Design, and Mathematics. The camp will include a STEAM curriculum led by experts in their fields, as well as leadership development activities and learning excursions within Georgia.
The Women in Science (WiSci) camp aims to close the gender gap through access to education, mentorship opportunities, and leadership training. Internationally, there is a strong gender imbalance in the STEM fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. The WiSci Camp aims to help bridge that gap through access to education, mentorship opportunities and leadership training.
The camp will bring together 100 high school girls from Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and the United States to work together to enhance their STEAM skills, craft their leadership potential, and build camaraderie and networks that will propel them to new opportunities. Campers will have the opportunity to learn how to develop mobile applications, coding skills, learn about microbiology and more. The camp is hosted by The U.S. Department of State’s Office of Global Partnerships, the Millennium Challenge Corporation and Girl Up with Intel and Google.
All selected participants will receive a scholarship to attend the camp free of charge. All costs associated with lodging, food, and activities during the camp are covered through the support of WiSci partners, in addition to transportation to/from the capital city of your home country (origin of departure). Participants can bring a limited amount of spending money for small souvenirs and snacks if they wish.
Limited need-based financial assistance is available for direct costs associated with travel to the capital city to fly to the camp.
- Applicants must be citizens or residents of Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, or the United States of America, self-identify as female and have completed at least one year of secondary school with at least one year of secondary school remaining.
- Campers must be between the ages of 15-18 by August 2018 to apply.
- Applicants must have the expressed permission of a parent or guardian to apply for this opportunity.
- Applicants must commit to attend the full duration of camp.
- Applicants should also have regular access (at least once per week) to internet at a home, school, community center, internet café or other location.
Click on the button below that corresponds to your country of citizenship or residence to begin your application. The deadline to complete the application for applicants is April 22, 11:59 PM EST.
For more information, visit WiSci Girls STEAM Camp.