Youth Democracy Award 2018 for Europeans (Win up to €3000 in Bonn, Germany)
Deadline: April 15, 2018
The Federal Agency for Civic Education (Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung, bpb) invites entries for the Youth Democracy Award 2018. The Youth Democracy Award honors projects, initiatives and activities by and for young people who do not only commit themselves for democracy, but also reveal current difficulties and challenges of democracy.
Because democratic structures cannot be taken for granted, but always need to be developed further – on your own or within a group. No matter what kind of project you have created: a demonstration, a YouTube video clip, a theater play or something completely different, you can think of everything! If you commit yourself against homophobia, racism, sexism or in favor of disabled people, there are no limits to your fantasy and especially for your commitment!
The Youth Democracy Award 2018 is an initiative of the young jury oft he Youth Democracy Award and a project of the Federal Agency for Civic Education (Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung, bpb).
The three most outstanding projects will be awarded with up to 3000 € in Bonn between September and December 2018 when the price ceremony of the International Democracy Award also takes places.
- You are 14 up to 27 years old and organize your project mainly by yourself. You may be supported by grown-ups who work on a full-time basis.
- You want to do social work and motivate other young people for political questions. Therefore you play an active role in your project.
- Your project could be an (international) youth event, a political media project, a tournament, a community centre for youth or something that is totally different. They are looking for creative, innovative ideas!
- Your project is mainly related to democratic work, due to the award’s main emphasis is on civic education. It should cause a sustainable impact on democratic structures and strengthens and improves democracy.
- Your project could last a day, a few months or several years. But all projects mustn’t be finished before 15th April 2018.
- Your project comes from a European country (EU and non-EU)
- Your aims and ideals are in accord with basic democratic values.
- A non-profit background is a must. Those projects that are financed by the Federal Agency for Civic Education (Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung, bpb) are not allowed to apply.
They are looking for:
- Projects which are organized by youth only.
- New ideas, creativity and surprising approaches.
- A project team that organizes voluntarily and enthusiastically.
- Projects which achieve much with few resources.
- Not only you but other young people get involved in some way.
- Incomplete applications will be dismissed. Therefore, it is important to answer every question carefully.
- Only the application will be taken into account. They can’t take further material into consideration.
- Those applications that strongly disregard of the guideline (e.g. in terms of words) will be dismissed.
- Applications must be handed in in German or English. It’s possible to send them either via e-mail or online form.
- Assessment will be done by 20 young professionals that are involved in youth projects themselves. In case that a juror is involved in an applying project, he/she will not rate this project.
Download the Application form youth democracy award 2018
For more information, visit Youth Democracy Award.