Deadline: April 13, 2018
Applications are invited for the YouthRISE Nigeria Drug Policy Academy 2018 taking place 21 – 23 May, 2018 in Abuja, Nigeria. Are you a young person passionate and enthusiastic about creating social change, with particularly interest in policy issues? Then be a part of YouthRISE Nigeria Drug Policy Academy 2018!
Youth Initiative for Drug Research, Information, Support and Education in Nigeria (YouthRISE Nigeria) is a non-governmental organization with the mission to promote evidence-based drug policies and improve the health and human rights of young people including those who use drugs.
In line with the objectives of the organization to promote evidence-based youth-centered drug policy in Nigeria, they call for applications for a 3-day Drug Policy Academy, designed to build the capacity of participants on drug policy and effective response. It is also expected that participants will be exposed to real issues about drug dependence, prevention; treatment and care.
- Admission to the academy is totally free for successful candidates.
- A certificate of participation will be issued to all participants.
Full/Partial sponsorship available to successful participants. Applicants are to indicate on the form what kind of support they need.
Applicants should be:
- 18 -35 years with a drive to learn and passion for social change
- Currently engaged in community service activities within the civic space or interested in development work.
- Demonstrate strong interest in social and public policy particularly drug policy.
- Work with a youth focus organisation
- Speak and write English fluently
- Available from 21 to 23 May, 2018 to participate fully
Have questions? Email [email protected].
Complete the online application.
For more information, visit YouthRISE Nigeria.