Youth Scholarships for 1st UNFPA East & Southern Africa Menstrual Health Management Symposium
Deadline: April 10, 2018
Are you a young change-maker or entrepreneur who is keen to showcase your work at a high-level meeting that is a first for East and Southern Africa? Apply for Youth Scholarships to attend the 1st East and Southern Africa Menstrual Health Management Symposium.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) East and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO) and SRHR Africa Trust (SAT) is calling for applications from young people who seek to showcase their creative solutions to menstrual health management challenges in Africa. They will sponsor 10 young people to attend the first East and Southern Africa Menstrual Health Management Symposium in Johannesburg, South Africa on 28 and 29 May 2018. You will have a high-level platform and regional exposure for your solution(s).
The purpose is to strengthen commitment and build on the latest evidence base, to move from research to action, and to demonstrate innovative, sustainable and scalable models to address the needs of adolescent girls and women.
The expected outcomes of the symposium are as follows:
- Strengthened policy, programme and financial commitment and consensus among partners on programmatic priorities to address key barriers and challenges related to menstrual health and management in Africa;
- Launch of a regional coalition on menstrual health and management;
- Agreement to convene a regional menstrual health and management symposium every two years to report on progress against commitments;
- A technical report with all proceedings and summary of conclusions and recommendations for strengthened menstrual health and management in Africa.
In order to participate in the East and Southern Africa Menstrual Health Management Symposium, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- You must be aged between 18 to 35 years old.
- You must be able to demonstrate work/volunteer experience on issues related to menstrual health and management as community leaders, social entrepreneurs or advocates.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must be based in East and Southern Africa.
- You must be available to travel to South Africa from 27 to 30 May 2018.
Note: Young people, especially adolescent girls and young women, working with youth-led organizations, movements, initiatives and networks are highly encouraged to apply.
If this opportunity excites you, please make your proposal below as to why you should be one of the 10 young entrepreneurs selected for this important event. To make it easy for you, they have created a submission form (below) for you to fill in and submit here.
For more information, visit UNFPA Menstrual Health Symposium.