Deadline: May 31, 2018
The call for application is open for the CICOPS Scholarships 2019. In order to promote international cooperation, particularly with Developing Countries, the University of Pavia and EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies) are offering 10 scholarships to visiting scholars for the year 2019 for a period of stay of 4 to 12 weeks at the University of Pavia.
Since 1998, the University of Pavia and the Institute for University Studies (EDiSU) have offered about ten scholarships yearly for a four to ten week stay in Pavia, during which time the scholars carry out research with professors in the department that hosts them and often hold seminars. As of 2018, 211 scholarships had been awarded to academics from 58 different countries to carry out research in Pavia.
The scholarship includes:
- Travel (economy class)
- Food and accommodation expenses
- Health Insurance policy
- A contribution of 150 Euros (gross) per week
- Open to both junior and senior members of Universities in developing countries
- Open to members of major research centers and international organizations or institutions with specific interest in the field of development studies.
- Applicants must have at least two year of either teaching experience or activity within international organisations and institutions.
- Applicants enrolled in a Doctoral or Postgraduate course at an Italian University are not eligible to apply.
Pease read carrefully the call and the FAQ before applying, and fill out the online application form only once you have received the letter of acceptance by your contact professor at the University of Pavia.
Download a copy of the Research Proposal form 2019.
For more information, visit CICOPS Scholarships.