CEI SEEMO Award for Outstanding Merits in Investigative Journalism 2018
Deadline: May 31, 2o18
The CEI and the South East Europe Media Organisation (SEEMO), in special partnership with the Media Program South East Europe of the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS), have opened the Call for Applications 2018 of the CEI SEEMO Award for Outstanding Merits in Investigative Journalism. The Award aims at honouring the work carried out by investigative journalists and their contribution to investigative reporting despite the difficult conditions under which they often have to operate.
Since its establishment in 2008, the CEI SEEMO Award has contributed to promoting quality investigative reporting in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe, providing recognition and visibility to the work of remarkable journalists from the region.
- Professional journalists – 4.000 EUR
- Young professional journalists – 1.000 EUR.
The winners will be awarded during the South East Europe Media Forum taking place in Tirana, Albania, on 15-16 November 2018.
- The Call is open to nationals of the 18 CEI Member States: Albania, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine.
- Print, Radio, TV, news agencies and Internet media are admitted.
- For Category 1, candidates should have been actively engaged in investigative reporting over the last two years and should still be active in journalism. Two samples of journalistic work will be relevant for the evaluation by the jury.
- For Category 2, candidates should have been actively involved in investigative reporting, even in the context of training activities organised by schools/universities/NGOs and, as a result, should have published at least one investigative story meeting all professional standards. One sample of journalistic work will be relevant for the evaluation by the jury.
The following documents in PDF format shall be uploaded:
- Curriculum Vitae (personal and professional data sheet according to Europass format or similar);
- A recommendation letter;
- Up to three samples of journalistic work in a single PDF document (minimum two samples in Category 1, one sample in Category 2). For online work samples, insert hyperlinks in a PDF document, or print out online articles in a PDF file. Hyperlinks need to be accessible at least until 15 July 2018. In case of audio/video material, please upload the files making use of file-sharing services (e.g. WeTransfer or Dropbox) including a script or scenario. Material prepared in local languages should be accompanied by a short summary in English.
Download the Online Application Form
For more information, visit CEI SEEMO Award.