Call for Papers: Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award 2018 (Win $1000 and a trip to ILA Conference in Florida, USA)
Deadline: May 1, 2018
The International Leadership Association (ILA) and the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) invite papers for the the annual Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award. The award recognizes outstanding unpublished papers on leadership by undergraduate and graduate students. The award is named in honor of the distinguished scholar and former Chief Executive Officer of the Center.
Are you a graduate or undergraduate student interested in leadership? Do you have a written a paper about it that is unpublished? Submit your paper by May 1 for the Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award. This is your opportunity to win $1000 and a trip to the ILA conference in Florida, USA.
The winner of this year’s award will receive:
- $1,000 cash prize
- Travel and Lodging (up to three nights), and Complimentary Registration to ILA’s 20th Annual Conference, 24 – 27 October 2018 in West Palm Beach, Florida, USA
- Complimentary 1-year membership in the ILA
- Recognition at the ILA conference and in various multi-media ILA publications
- Papers must be authored and submitted by graduate or undergraduate students only.
- All authors must currently be students or must have graduated within one-year prior to the submission deadline of Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
- CCL staff and papers submitted to other CCL awards are ineligible.
Submissions may be either empirically or conceptually based. Multi-disciplinary approaches to research are welcomed. The paper should focus on some aspect of leadership or leadership development.
Submissions will be judged by the following criteria:
- The degree to which the paper addresses issues and trends that are significant to the study of leadership;
- The extent to which the paper shows consideration of the relevant theoretical and empirical literature;
- The extent to which the paper makes a conceptual or empirical contribution;
- The implications of the research for application to leadership identification and development.
- Papers are limited to 30 double-spaced pages, excluding title page, abstract, figures, tables, and references. Papers above this limit that are not completely doubled spaced may not be eligible for the Award and may be returned to authors unreviewed.
- Papers should be prepared according to current edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
Papers will be reviewed anonymously by a panel of researchers associated with CCL. In the absence of papers deemed deserving of the award, the award may be withheld.
All entrants must upload three PDF formatted documents (other document formats will not be accepted):
- The first PDF should only include the manuscript with the title of the paper on the first page. Do not include the author’s name or contact information.
- The second 2-3 page PDF should only include the abstract with the title of the paper on the cover page.
- The third PDF should be a letter on university letterhead from one faculty member certifying that a student wrote the paper. All three PDF documents should be attached to the submission form and sent together. Separate attachments will not be accepted.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance.
For more information, visit Kenneth E. Clark Student Research Award.