Getty Images Reportage Grant 2018 for Professional Photojournalists ($15,000)
Deadline: May 15, 2o18
The Getty Images Reportage Grant is now open for applications. This year, they are awarding three grants of $15,000 to support new or ongoing documentary photography projects. Their grants program enables photographers to bring attention to significant social and cultural issues, and reach new creative heights.
Their dedication to excellence in photojournalism means they understand that creating and managing in-depth photography assignments requires time, freedom, support and considerable resources. The Getty Images Reportage Grant continues the tradition of our Editorial Grants program, which, from its founding in 2004, has supported independent photojournalists around the world by providing the creative freedom necessary to pursue work that is personally important to them.
Prizes and benefits
- $15,000 prize (three available)
- Winners will be announced in September
- Receive recognition in media coverage of grant winners
- Assurance that you retain copyrights to the images you submit for judges’ review
- Option to have Getty Images’ editorial guidance throughout your project
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Applicants should be presently engaged as a professional photojournalist. A professional photojournalist, for the purposes of the Getty Images Grants for Editorial Photography, is one who derives the majority of his or her income from documenting issues and events through still photography.
- Applicants may apply as individuals or teams.
- Getty Images employees may not apply.
- Contributors to Getty Images who are not employees are eligible.
- Grants will be awarded by independent judges selected by Getty Images for their expertise and experience.
- Selection will be based on the judges’ determination of applicant’s ability to execute the submitted project with compelling a visual narrative in a documentary feature format, taking into account the caliber of portfolio, the project’s merit and professional ability.
- 500-word summary of the project proposal
- A short biography detailing who you are and what you’ve done
- 20-25 original images either related to the proposal or unrelated portfolio images
- Specific uploading instructions will be made available on April 1
- The proposals must be in English and be submitted electronically
For more information, visit Getty Images Grant.