Deadline: May 31, 2018
The 2018 Letten Prize is open for applications! The purpose of the prize is to recognize younger researchers contributions in the fields of health, development, environment and equality in all aspects of human life. The prize also aims to raise public awareness of how research can be used to solve global human development challenges. The Letten Seminar, hosted in connection with the prize ceremony, is dedicated to the latter.
The Letten Prize is a collaboration between the Letten Foundation and The Young Academy of Norway. he prize of 2 mill NOK (ca. 215 000 EUR/260 000 USD) will be awarded biannually. The first prize is set to be awarded in 2018.
- The winner is awarded 2 million NOK (ca. 215 000 EUR/260 000 USD) of which ¼ is for personal usage and ¾ is to be used for research activities.
- The Letten Prize will be awarded in Oslo on September 13, 2018. The candidate’s travel costs will be covered.
The Letten Prize is awarded every other year to one young researcher who:
- conducts research aimed at solving global challenges within the fields of health, development, environment and equality in all aspects of human life
- has conducted excellent research of great societal relevance
- is under 45 years old the year when the prize is awarded [see note 1 for details]
In addition, it is desirable that the researcher:
- has conducted research which has impact across national boarders
- engage in/with interdisciplinary research
- is a good disseminator
The Letten Prize Committee will emphasise candidates’ future research potential. Short-listed candidates are invited to a digital interview in late June/early July. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The winner is obliged to:
- provide a written report on research activities the award has enabled
- give the “Letten Lecture” presenting the results of the research during an event in connection with the 2020 Letten Prize award.
All researchers meeting the criteria are welcome to apply for the Letten Prize.
Applicants are to download and fill out the application form below. Please note that a complete application also includes the attachments described in the application form. Applicants are to combine all the documents into a single PDF document and send the file via e-mail to [email protected].
For more information, visit Letten Prize.