Ashoka ChangemakerXchange Summit 2018 in Paris, France (Changemakers Impacting Rural Communities)
Deadline: April 30, 2018
Are you a young Changemaker with impact in rural areas? Apply to the ChangemakerXchange Paris (Rural Communities Edition). This special edition will be set in a truly magical setting just outside Paris from August 21st to 26th, 2018. Co-created by Ashoka and Robert Bosch Stiftung, Changemakerxchange is a global collaboration platform for young social innovators to connect and develop cross-border collaborations.
Are you the leader or co-founder of a social venture that focuses on having a positive impact on rural areas? Are you bridging the opportunity gap between urban and rural areas? Are you bringing value to rural communities, be it in arts & culture, agriculture, education, health, economic development, job opportunities…? If yes, this is for you!
Join the ChangemakerXchange Summit, a five days immersive experience where you’ll connect with top changemakers in your field, learn from each other and collaborate. Beyond the summit, you will also be joining a dynamic community of 350+ changemakers globally.
ChangemakerXchange covers your travel costs to/from Paris, France as well as all of the conference costs for all five nights and six days (including accommodation, inner city travel, food, entrance fees, etc.). However a modest participation fee of 120 EURO / 145 USD to cover part of the costs will be charged. (A very limited number of stipends in special cases are available upon request. If you really do require a stipend please let us know in the application form).
Applicants for ChangemakerXchange:
- Must be aged between 18 and 30. Please note a limited number of three places is available for 29- and 30-year-old applicants.
- Should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture which is up and running and addresses a relevant social problem linked to rural communities (see next criteria for more details). They are unable to accept applicants with an idea only or who are volunteering for an organisation.
- The theme of this summit being “Changemakers Impacting Rural Communities”, they are looking for:
- Changemakers based out of small town, villages (less than 2,000 inhabitants) or rural areas and having impact locally. or
- Changemakers based in big urban centres whose work focus on impacting rural areas.
- Must have a good level of English that enables them to understand, present, and collaborate throughout the summit.
- Should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young social entrepreneurs and be willing to play an active role within this community.
- Must come from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
Should you have any questions or comments, please reach out to Julie Murat at email@example.com.
Apply directly at http://bit.ly/
For more information, visit ChangemakerXchange.