Deadline: April 30, 2018
The MOFCOM Scholarship for Foreign Students to purse Postgraduate programs in China is now open for applications. MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
MOFCOM Scholarship supports Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3-4 years. Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program if such program is available. When only Chinese-taught program is available, students should take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study.
- tuition waiver;
- teaching material fee waiver;
- research and survey fee waiver;
- dissertation guidance fee waiver;
- one-off resettlement fee:
- 3000RMB per master student,
- 3000RMB per PhD student;
- on-campus accommodation;
- 3000RMB per month per master student,
- 3500RMB per month per PhD student;
- medical insurance
- one-time round-trip international airfare for all the students (First time fly to China after enrollment, and Fly back to home country while graduation), and a maximum of “n-1” (“n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program) round-trip international airfares for home visits (one time per year set at the end of an academic year).
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program;
- be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- be under the age of 45 when applying;
- have sufficient English or Chinese proficiency which meets the academic requirements of the program. English: IETS 6.0 or above, Chinese: HSK level 4 (score180) or above, or other evidence which indicates your English or Chinese proficiency is adequate.
- Step 1: Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online for International Students”.
- Step 2: Read “Tips for online application” carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.
- Step 3: Log in with your user name and password. For new user, please click “Create an account” for registration.
- Step 4: Fill in the correct Program Category and Agency Number. An Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and a correct choose of Program Category is necessary before filling in the Agency Number. Please make sure you fill it in correctly, otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application or your application will not be accepted. Your ‘Program Category’ is: Type A and ‘Agency Number’ is:00010. Once the correct ‘Agency Number’ is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge.
- Step 5: Fill in the Online Application Form and Upload Supporting Documents truly, correctly and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page. Applicants are required to select a discipline before choosing their majors. Please refer to the Disciplines Index, which could be downloaded from Help, if you have any doubt about the disciplines and majors.
- Step 6: Check each part of your Application carefully before submitting it. Click Submit to submit your Application.
- Step 7: You can make changes to your application by clicking Withdraw and Edit the Application on the top of the page. But make sure to submit it again by clicking Submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be received either.
- Step 8: Download the completed Application Form by clicking Print the Application Form and print two hard copies.
- Step 9: Prepare other supporting documents as required and send the full package of application documents (both hardcopies and scancopies) to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office (ECCO) of the Chinese Embassy.
Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers. Only Chinese and English are accepted for the online application.
For more information, visit MOFCOM Scholarship.