Humboldt-Universität Yousef Jameel Doctoral Scholarships 2018 for Young Researchers from Developing Nations
Deadline: July 15, 2018
The Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund at Humboldt University is accepting applications for Doctoral Scholarships. Promoting the development of young scientists and scholars is a declared goal of Humboldt-Universität. Humboldt-Universität places a high priority on preparing leading young researchers and scientists for careers in research and teaching.
The Doctoral Scholarship from the Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund is awarded to scientists from developing nations in the natural science fields of Informatics/ Computer Science, Mathematics, Biology/ Biomedicine, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Agricultural Science. The program seeks applicants in the disciplines of sustainable desert agriculture; plant-based medicine; and renewable energy.
The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years and commence on October 1. The stipend awarded is in the amount of 1340 Euros per month, plus materials expenses.
- The focus is on applications from Arabic and other Islamic countries. Eligible countries are Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
- Applicants must possess an academic degree and fulfil the requirements necessary for admission to a doctoral programme at the appropriate HumboldtUniversität faculty.
- The applicant must obtain admission to a doctoral programme (Promotionszulassung) before the scholarship’s starting date.
- Very good written and spoken English as well as good German communications skills are required.
- Applications will only be considered from students of Arab countries and Turkey who credibly demonstrate their intent to return.
- Applications from qualified women are particularly encouraged.
- Disabled persons will receive preference, assuming equal qualifications.
- Applicants should have good written and spoken English, as well as communications skills in German.
- A cover letter detailing the intended field of study of the doctoral program, as well as the motivation of the applicant;
- A CV and list of publications, if applicable;
- An Exposé including a detailed work plan for the three-year scholarship period (maximum ten pages);
- Copies of academic records and references from previous employers, with certified German translations if necessary;
- An evaluation from the applicant’s Ph.D. supervisor of the Humboldt-Universität.
Send Applications and Questions to:
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Yousef Jameel Scholarship
Unter den Linden 6
For more information, visit Yousef Jameel Scholarships.