Swedish Institute Summer Academy 2018 for Young Professionals in Western Balkans
Deadline: May 15, 2018
The Swedish Institute (SI) Summer Academy for Young Professionals in Western Balkans is now open for applications. SAYP is a leadership and training programme developed to build awareness, capacity and resilience in the practice of governance in countries of Western Balkans. The programme attempts to strengthen young professionals and their individual capabilities to participate in the process of developing a more sustainable governance structure.
Are you under 36 years old, and interested in building networks and increasing your knowledge of transparent, efficient and resilient public administration? Do you currently work with public administration, in politics or within the civil society? Apply today to the first SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals in Western Balkans (SAYP WB) 2018.
The module is focused on:
- Development of new knowledge
Afterwards, SAYP participants are welcome to join in follow-ups and thematic workshops as fellows of the Swedish Institute Alumni Network – a vast professional and global contact network meant to keep building good practices and mutual learning processes for a sustainable future. SAYP alumni also enjoy the possibility to apply for micro grants to build their own activities, and use peer shadowing mobility for tailor-made expert visits abroad.
Participants will learn by taking part in practical tasks, exchanging experiences and finding common solutions to challenges within modern governance.
Participation in SAYP starts with a thematic module (usually some 30 participants, and about two weeks in duration), which is free of charge and includes food, accommodation and flight tickets.
SAYP will give you:
- A network of future leaders focused on sustainable modern governance and responsible leadership
- Development in your professional skills
- Increased knowledge about sustainable modern governance
- Increased competence within public management
- Insights into Swedish public sector, one of the leading countries in sustainable governance
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners within the public sector
- Experience in cross-sectorial work environment
- A lifelong membership in the SI Alumni Network, and exclusive access to Peer Shadowing and other tools for continued learning
You can apply if you:
- are a citizen of and currently working in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Sweden
- are under 36 years old (up to 35)
- have good command of English language
- have a relevant higher education (at least three years)
- are employed in one of the following groups:
- Policymakers (politicians, government officials, employees of political parties)
- Public servants (non-political civil servants working at government agencies)
- Civil society workers (CSO/NGO volunteers/employees)
Young professionals who do not belong to any of the categories above, e.g. employed in the private sector, or working as independent consultants/freelancers, may also apply but will not be prioritized in the selection.
If you are open-minded and want a real learning challenge, apply for SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals! The deadline for applications is 15 May 2018.
- Download and fill out the mandatory documents
- Go to the application portal: https://applications.si.se/Home
- Register as a new user. Upload the documents and submit.
For more information, visit SI Summer Academy.