Deadline: June 8, 2018
Getty Images ARRAY Grant is open for applications. With Getty Images mission to move the world with images, they are partnering with the ARRAY Alliance to provide support to photographers and film makers who are using their art forms to create diverse and inclusive visual stories. In addition to financial remuneration, recipients will also receive mentoring support and guidance.
Getty Images has partnered with ARRAY Alliance to elevate the work of content creators using their art forms to create diverse and inclusive visual stories. Four $5000 grants will support two creative commercial photographers and two documentary filmmakers with financing and mentorship to tell important visual stories of the world’s people – specifically, ethnicities that have been traditionally underrepresented in commercial photography and editorial documentary. Communities such as Caribbean, African American, South Asian, Arab, Indigenous or Latinx etc.
Prizes and Benefits
- $5,000 prize (four available), two film-makers and two commercial creative photographers
- Mentorship from either ARRAY Alliance or Getty Images
- Option to take up Getty Images contract for winning work
The winners will be selected based on their project submissions, focusing on the quality of their cinematography, photographic skills and how their work is used to drive authenticity and inclusion.
Recipients must also provide a biography and short written submission, detailing the following:
- A brief description of your approach, style and story you have covered
- Answer question option 1 – What are the stories behind this project? What was your inspiration?
- Answer question option 2 – How has this project been inspired by your life?
- Answer question option 3 – How does your project drive a narrative of inclusion or showcase new perspectives on identity?
Have questions? [email protected]
For more information, visit Getty Images ARRAY Grant.