UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning CONFINTEA Research Scholarships 2018 (Fully-funded to Hamburg, Germany)
Deadline: May 31, 2018
The UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning (UIL) is accepting applications for the CONFINTEA Research Scholarships 2018. In September 2018, UIL will offer at least three CONFINTEA Research Scholarships for a period of one month each to researchers and education professionals from UNESCO Member States.
Prospective scholars will be able to benefit from using UIL’s knowledge base and resources for their research in the area of lifelong learning with a focus on adult and continuing education, literacy, and non-formal basic education. They encourage scholars to use background data from the third Global Report on Adult Learning and Education (GRALE) in their research.
Scholars are expected to present the research they have undertaken at UIL. Furthermore, in the months following completion of their scholarship, they must report on follow-up activities and the results of their research. Upon completion of their scholarship, participants will be eligible to join UIL’s Alumni Network.
UIL will provide each scholar with a workstation and access to the considerable resources of its unique library. In addition, scholars will have a chance to exchange knowledge with other scholars, UIL staff and its external partners. They will work under the supervision of a UIL specialist, but they should also be prepared to work on their own initiative.
- UIL will arrange and pay for health insurance, accommodation close to the Institute, and a return economy ticket to Hamburg, Germany, where the Institute is based.
- Additionally, scholars will receive a lump sum of €500 contributing to other costs incurred before, during and after their research stay at UIL (such as visa costs, transport, and daily subsistence).
- Open to researchers and education professionals from UNESCO Member States and/or Associate Member States
- UIL particularly welcomes applicants from the Global South.
- Researchers should work in the area of lifelong learning with a focus on adult education and continuing education, literacy and non-formal basic education.
Participants are selected on the basis of their potential to produce:
- policy proposals;
- programme tools;
- articles; and
- research papers
that can be shared with decision-makers in their home countries.
In order to apply, please submit the following:
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application by 31 May 2018 to UIL Research Scholarship Coordinator Ms Lisa Krolak, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A covering letter
- A brief research proposal
- An up-to-date CV
For more information, visit CONFINTEA Research Scholarships.