Deadline: May 31, 2018
Nominations are now open for L’Oréal Paris Women of Worth 2018. L’Oréal Paris Women of Worth honours extraordinary women who selflessly volunteer their time to serve their communities. The signature philanthropic program embodies the L’Oréal Paris tenet that ‘Every Woman Is Worth It’ by elevating women who find beauty in giving back.
Each year, 10 extraordinary women are chosen from thousands of nominations and honored for the impact they’ve made across a variety of charitable causes. The 2018 Women of Worth will be announced in November and join the alumnae community of 120 women they’ve honored throughout the past twelve years.
Since 2006, the program, in partnership with Points of Light, has recognized eighty women who have devoted themselves to causes at the local and national level and have motivated others to get involved. Past honorees have been involved in a range of important causes, from advocating for victims of childhood abuse and mentoring homeless youth, to helping break the cycle of poverty and empowering teens with disabilities.
There are ten Honorees annually – selected from candidates nominated from across the United States. In addition, one National Women of Worth Honoree will be selected from the ten Honorees by an online vote open to the public.
L’Oréal Paris will make a $10,000 donation on behalf of each Honoree to a charitable organization of her choice (see official rules), and an all-expense paid trip to New York City ($2,000 maximum of travel and hotel accommodation) to be recognized at an Awards event.
Additionally, one National Honoree with the most online votes will receive an additional $25,000 donation to her cause. All Honorees will receive national recognition for her cause and volunteer efforts.
- Open to women who selflessly volunteer their time to serve their communities
- Award nominees must be a woman, be legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico) or the District of Columbia, be 16 years of age or older at the time of nomination and consent to be nominated.
- The nominee’s volunteer activities must have occurred in the United States and have primarily benefited domestic American needs.
All award nominees will be judged by the following criteria:
- Community Needs, Innovative Solutions and Impact (70%)
- This refers to a nominee’s ability to meet a previously unmet community need or concern. Examples of community needs are providing food, shelter or access to health care; providing arts programming or activities; strengthening educational programs; or providing enrichment activities that benefit children.
- Innovation refers to the extent to which a nominee’s activities reflect an innovative or interesting approach to meeting community needs, as well as to the nominee’s employment of unique solutions to problems.
- Impact is defined as an activity’s positive effect on the community’s social fabric and/or on individuals’ or families’ well-being. Impact can be measured by evaluating the programs or activities that a nominee has implemented to determine whether the number of people those programs serve has exponentially increased since the nominee began her work.
- Extraordinary Passion (30%)
- This refers to the success of a nominee’s work in epitomizing the statement “Because You’re Worth It” and exemplifying the spirit of the Women of Worth program (honoring exceptional women who make a difference through their volunteer work.) Judges will look at how nominee’s story and/or work inspire others to discover their power to make a difference.
Do you know someone who is making a beautiful difference? If so, they want to hear from you! Sign up today and nominate your Woman of Worth.
- Nomination (April 3 – May 31): Ten women will be selected from the nominations.
- Voting (November): Watch the stories of the Women of Worth and cast your vote.
- Celebration (December): All 10 Women of Worth to be celebrated and National Honoree announced.
For more information, visit L’Oréal Paris Women of Worth