Apply for UNITE 2030 Hackathon Competition 2018 for Worldchangers
Deadline: August 30, 2018
Calling Worldchangers: apply for UNITE 2030 Hackathon Competition 2018. UNITE 2030 is a virtual, 2-day hackathon for the Sustainable Development Goals. The mission of Unite 2030 is to unite the next generation of world changers in order to ignite social change by turning their passion into action.
UNITE 2030 is an experience, not just a competition. It’s emotional, exciting, collaborative, and will change your outlook on the world! It all started on the 7th and 8th of April, 2018, when 100 worldchangers from 57 different countries gathered virtually for a 48 hour competition to tackle the SDGs. Because of the massive success of UNITE 2030, they decided to make it bigger! They have recently announced dates for the next TWO UNITE 2030 events.
- UNITE 2030: Equal Opportunity for All focuses on SDGs 4 + 5 and takes place on the 30th of June – 1st of July.
- UNITE 2030: Hack for the Planet focuses on SDGs 12, 13, 14, + 15 and takes place on the 1st – 2nd of September.
How It Works
Worldchangers from around the globe will virtually convene for a 48-hour Hackathon competition. They will be split up into teams of 4-5 based on the social issues that they’re passionate about. Teams will then be presented with a global challenge that they must solve within the presented time frame.
Throughout the 48 hours, Worldchangers will watch workshops hosted by world-class experts, work closely with their team to quickly, and diligently address the challenge, Teams will then present their solutions within the framework that we provide.
- Judges will select finalists, and the winners, who will take home the title of UNITE 2030 Global Champions 2018.
- Winners will have the opportunity to take their idea even further, working with us on our Youth Delegate Programme, taking their ideas into ACTION!
- UNITE 2030 participants will also have the opportunity to take UNITE 2030 to their local communities.
- Participants must be between 18-30 years old at the time of the event;
- Participants must have fluency in English.
- Participants must have access to a computer (with a working microphone, camera, and speakers) for the entire duration of the event.
- Participants must have access to a strong WiFi connection.
- Participants must have a passion for making the world a better place, a collaborative spirit, and dedication to learning!
Please note that while UNITE 2030 is 95% funded, they require a small payment to ensure that you actually turn up to the event!
Click here to find an event and apply.
For more information, visit UNITE 2030.