Deadline: May 31, 2018
Applications are open for Young Money Business Pitch 2018. Are you a student at any Ghanaian University with a technology-based business or business idea? Do you have what it takes to be Ghana’s next big business owner? Apply now for the chance to pitch at Student Entrepreneurship Week Ghana!
As part of the Student Entrepreneurship Week Ghana taking place from July 26-28, 2018, Stars From All Nations has partnered with Echo VC Partners, Venture Capital for Africa, 3rdfloor Digital and Workshed Africa to launch Young Money Business Pitch competition. This pitch competition is specifically designed to give student entrepreneurs with scalable businesses or business ideas access to pipeline opportunities for growing their businesses or launching their ideas.
The top five business ideas will pitch before an expert panel of judges at SFAN Business Breakfast Meeting – The Graduation on July 28. Three Young Money Business Pitch winners will stand a chance of getting equity funding as well as up to $3k worth of business development and market opportunity support (T&C Apply).
The winners will stand a chance of getting equity investment from Echo VC Partners, as well as up to $3K worth of business development and market opportunity support from Venture Capital for Africa, 3rdFloor Digital and Workshed Africa.
- Open to students at any accredited Ghanaian University
- Applicants must have a technology-based business or business idea capable of creating tremendous social impact
If you have what it takes to be Ghana’s next big business owner, this is for you!!
The judges will use the following evaluation criteria when reviewing the Young Money Business Pitch idea submission round:
- Was a clear explanation of the business idea and value proposition provided?
- Was justification of market potential included?
- Was the proposition to investors clearly presented?
- Is there a prototype or working description of the product/service?
- How important is this product/service to customers and other stakeholders?
- Does the information provided entice the audience to want to know more about the business?
- Does the business have a team with sufficient knowledge of the problem being solved?
They shall shortlist the top ten business ideas from the pool and open the selection process for a public vote in choosing the top five businesses that will advance to the next stage. Voting will take place on SFAN’s Facebook page.
For more information, visit Young Money Business Pitch.