APC Global Policy & Advocacy Internship Program 2018 (Stipend Available)
Deadline: May 4, 2018
The APC Global Policy & Advocacy Internship Program 2018 is open for applications. Are you passionate about human rights and social justice? Are you concerned about the impact that technology has on society, democracy and culture? Do you believe that the policy and regulatory decisions made about the internet today will shape the future of the world we live in? The Association for Progressive Communications (APC) has an exciting opening for an intern to join its global policy and advocacy work. Take this opportunity to express your passion.
The intern will undertake research, analysis and outreach tasks to support our ongoing activities related to global internet governance and human rights work. The internship requires a two month minimum commitment between June and August 2018 (start/end dates negotiable).
Tasks and Responsibilities
The intern will be expected to support APC’s global policy and advocacy work through:
- Research on internet policy and human rights issues
- Writing and editing policy briefs, blog posts and position papers
- Tracking trends and policy spaces
- Preparing external and internal advocacy and knowledge-building materials
- Project administration
- Networking and outreach
- Attending and contributing to online APC member and team meetings
This internship presents a unique opportunity for interested individuals to:
- Gain specialised knowledge in internet governance and policy
- Develop a deeper understanding of internet-related human rights
- Gain insight into how civil society organisations work at international and regional levels
- Learn more about human rights mechanisms
- Be part of a large and diverse global network of individuals and organisations working on internet-related policy and rights
- A stipend or course credit will be provided
- Applicants should have interest in internet and/or technology policy, governance, women’s rights, online freedom of expression and association, privacy, and broader internet-related human rights including economic, social and cultural rights, international relations, development and civil society;
- Undergraduate (bachelor or equivalent) degree preferred. APC will also consider students currently working towards completing their undergraduate and graduate-level degrees;
- Applicants should be well-organised, self-motivated, have demonstrated research experience, and be comfortable working in an online environment;
- Experience or a background in human rights or global governance will be an advantage;
- Fluency and excellent writing skills in English is essential. Ability to communicate in French, Spanish and/or Arabic will be advantage;
- Ability to work in a multilingual and multicultural environment is essential.
To apply please write to [email protected] by May 4, 2018 with “global policy and advocacy intern” in the subject line and include a curriculum vitae as well as a cover letter that outlines your interest in this internship.
For more information, visit APC Global Policy & Advocacy Internship.