Apply for the Women in Engineering Fellowship 2018 (Funded to Johannesburg, South Africa)
Deadline: May 12, 2018
Applications are invited for the Women in Engineering Fellowship South Africa 2018. The Fellowship is the flagship annual entrepreneurship-focused, technical innovation challenge and employability programme for the best and brightest female engineering, technology and built environment students to find solutions to global challenges and develop and prepare for the industry.
Through Fellowship, WomEng is raising the profile of the engineering sector. WomEng Fellows are equipped with highly desirable scarce employability skills and the knowledge and skills to start-up their own business. WomEng is creating diversity in the engineering industry.
The theme of the Fellowship Technovation Challenge is “Engineering Technology to Meet the Sustainable Development Goals”. In 2015, the United Nations signed into order the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), more commonly known as “The Global Goals” – 17 Goals to be achieved by 2030. WomEng is challenging Fellows to come up with new business ideas and innovations that will contribute to the realization of one or more of the Global Goals.
- Develop a business idea that can be scaled through incubation.
- Develop leadership and employability skills.
- Grow your professional network
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- WomEng covers all costs related to participation in the programme including travel to Johannesburg, accommodation, food, and facilitation. You will be requested to pay a fee of R725 to avoid “no shows”.
- Applications are open to female engineering, technology, and built environment students currently studying full-time at a South African University or University of Technology.
- Applicants must be in their penultimate to final year (e.g 4th year at university) of undergraduate or full-time postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must commit to attending the full programme from 03 – 06 July 2018.
- Ex-fellows are not eligible to apply.
The Application form cannot be saved and returned to. To assist with your application, download this full list of application questions, completing offline and submitting when ready.
For more information, visit Women in Engineering Fellowship South Africa.