Deadline: May 18, 2018
One Young World is pleased to launch the Leading London Award 2018. The Award will enable two of London’s most impactful young leaders to join One Young World 2018 in Hague, which takes place from 17 – 20 October. If you’re a Londoner working to make London a better place, this Award is for you.
One Young World stages an annual Summit – The One Young World Summit – where the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, universities and other forward-thinking organisations are joined by world leaders, acting as the One Young World Counsellors.
At the Summit, delegates debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces. After each Summit, the delegates, who are then known as One Young World Ambassadors, work on their own initiatives or lend the power of the One Young World network to those initiatives already in existence. Of those in employment, many return to their companies and set about creating change from within, energising their corporate environment.
Award winners will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis during the Summit, 17 to 20 (inclusive) October, 2018
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Applicants must be aged 18 – 30
- Be a resident of London, UK
- Candidates must demonstrate:
- Evidence of commitment to creating positive change in London. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service
- Leadership ability and examples
- Concern and knowledge of local and related global issues must be evident
- Ability to generate, articulate and achieve impactful ideas
For more information, visit Leading London Award to attend OYW Summit.