Call for Submissions: Skål International Sustainable Awards 2018
Deadline: June 30, 2018
Skål International is proud to announce the call for submission to its 2018 Sustainable Awards. Following the United Nations declaration of 2002 as the Year of Ecotourism and the Mountains, Skål International launched these Awards in the same year, to highlight and acknowledge best practices around the globe. As an international organisation of tourism industry leaders, Skål International is a powerful force in the travel and tourism industry to initiate change and encourage the conservation of the environment in order to promote tourism and travel.
Skål International is an Affiliate Member of the UNWTO whose mission is to promote the development of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism. They have adopted the UNWTO Global Code of Ethics in Tourism, and also support the ST-EP initiative (Sustainable Tourism-Eliminating Poverty). Skål is affiliated to other important international organisations such as IIPT, The Code, ECPAT, ICTP, STI.
- Community and Government Projects
- Countryside and Biodiversity
- Educational programmes and Media
- Major Tourist Attractions
- Marine and Coastal
- Rural Accommodation
- Tour Operators-Travel Agents
- Tourist Transport
- Urban Accommodation
- The winners will be announced on October 18, 2018 during the Opening Ceremony of the 79th Skål World Congress in Mombasa, Kenya, and the awards will be presented by the President of Skål International, Ms. Susanna Saari;
- One representative from the winning company will be hosted to one night accommodation in Mombasa. It will be a good opportunity for them to increase visibility and get recognition of their outstanding performance in terms of sustainable and responsible tourism. In addition, they will experience the real Skål membership by increasing their professional contacts and friendships;
- They will also receive the Award logo for publication purposes and exposure through Skål’s international media press contacts.
- Any company from the public and private sector, NGOs, government agencies, educational intitutions worldwide are welcome to submit an entry
- All sustainable operations and activities must be implemented by the company, NGO or agency applying for the award;
- Projects that are yet not in operation are not eligible.
For more information, visit Skål International Sustainable Awards.