Obama Foundation Legal Internship Program – Spring 2019 in Chicago & Washington DC (Stipend Available)
Deadline: May 14, 2018
The Office of the General Counsel at the Obama Foundation is recruiting law students to intern for Spring 2019. The Spring 2019 internship will run from January 7, 2019 to May 10, 2019. The Office of the General Counsel provides legal support and guidance across the organization’s programmatic efforts.
Legal interns will gain experience and exposure to a wide range of legal fields, including 501(c)(3) compliance, commercial contracts, intellectual property, employment law, and others. The internship is a termed opportunity to develop workplace skills and learn more about the work of the Foundation. It is not a job interview, and interns are not entitled to full-time employment at the internship’s conclusion.
- Interns will be compensated with a stipend and reimbursements for a portion of the expenses directly related to their internship. Please note the Foundation will not provide relocation or housing assistance.
- Current full-time or part-time law students eligible to work in the United States are welcome to apply;
- You do not need to be a U.S. citizen to apply, but you must be able to legally work within the United States;
- The Foundation is committed to recruiting a diverse cohort of interns and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer;
- The Foundation does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. Qualified persons of all backgrounds to are encouraged apply;
- If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please contact the Foundation at [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Download the Application Worksheet to draft your application responses offline. Please note you will still have to enter your answers into the application before the deadline.