Deadline: May 6, 2018
Applications are invited for the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) George Weston Limited Fellowship 2018. The Fellowships are awarded in the fields of agriculture, forestry, food science and food technology and tenable either at any ACU member university outside the applicant’s home country, or in industry, commerce or public service in a Commonwealth country other than the applicant’s home country.
Those working in universities may hold a fellowship in either another ACU member university abroad or in industry, commerce or public service abroad; but those working in industry, commerce or public service can only hold a fellowship at an ACU member university.
The tenure of the fellowship must be for a period of less than six months, and travel must take place between August 1, 2018 and July 31, 2019.
- Food science
- Food technology
Up to GBP £5000 and intended to cover:
- international economy return airfare and other travel costs
- medical insurance and visa fees
- board and lodging fees
- research costs
- Applicants must be professional or academic staff of, or a nominee of, an ACU member university.
Other Terms and Conditions
- Fellowships are not intended for degree courses, or for postdocs. The ACU cannot arrange fellows’ attachments, travel or accommodation, nor can it work out itineraries for them;
- Applicants should be aware that ACU Fellowships allow for small scale conference or course attendance within a wider programme of activity, but applications where the primary or sole purpose is attendance at a conference or course will not be considered.
- Fellows are required to submit a 1000-2500 word report within two months of the fellowship ending.
Applicants must submit a proposal for the Fellowship and provide proof of support from the host institution, as well as from the head of department at their home institution.
For more information, visit ACU George Weston Limited Fellowship.