AJSPI/BNP Paribas Foundation Climate Investigation Grant for European Science Journalists 2018 (Total of 10,000 Euros)
Deadline: May 25, 2018
The AJSPI, in partnership with the BNP Paribas Foundation, is launching its first climate investigation grant for European science journalists. The purpose of this grant is to encourage ambitious field investigations focused on understanding climate, adaptation to climate change, and different mitigation strategies.
The jury, made up of journalists and scientists, will favour transnational and transmedia collaborative projects. The winner will be announced at the European Conference for Science Journalists on July 8, 2018, in Toulouse.
- Depending on applications received, one to three projects may be awarded grants, up to a total of 10,000 euros.
- Open only to professionals (print, radio, TV, web), members of a national association of science journalists, based in Europe;
- Projects must be submitted by their authors; no follow-up will be given to requests filed by an organisation;
- This is an investigative grant: projects already published cannot be awarded grants;
- There is no restriction as to the language in which the winning projects are subsequently published. A letter of support from a media organisation is strongly recommended.
- The jury will take into account: the originality of the subject, its importance, its scientific relevance, the envisaged journalistic approach, its feasibility, possible international collaborations, and the transmedia aspect of the project.
Create one file with the three required documents and compress it in zip format to be uploaded in the application form:
- The project file, written in French or in English, in PDF format (A4 size, within the strict limit of 5 pages maximum and not exceeding 5 MB) must include:
- A letter of introduction to the jury (300 words max),
- A detailed synopsis of the project (500 words max),
- A projected budget (travel, equipment, other expenses…),
- A sworn declaration certifying that the submitted project has not already been published,
- A letter of support from a media organisation is strongly recommended.
- The author(s) CV(s) in A4 PDF format, maximum 2 pages for each CV.
- The rules of the Climate investigation grant signed by the author(s).
For more information, visit AJSPI/BNP Paribas Foundation Climate Investigation Grant.