Deadline: June 4, 2018
Applications are open for the EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women Program 2018 for Entrepreneurs in US and Canada. The tenth annual EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women Program is a national competition and executive leadership program that identifies a select group of high-potential women entrepreneurs whose businesses show real potential to scale — and then helps them do it. Are you a high-potential woman entrepreneur? Apply or nominate someone.
Applicants to this program are applying for an award as well as an executive education program. The entrepreneurs selected participate in a customized leadership development program with year-round activities designed to catalyze their companies’ growth by building and fostering critical relationships, enhancing leadership skills, expanding business know-how and providing increased visibility. Winners are welcome to remain engaged in the Winning Women program and activities for as long as they benefit.
Entrepreneurial Winning Women join an elite business network of the country’s best high-growth companies and participate in a customized executive leadership program with year-round activities designed to:
- Expand their knowledge with the latest information, research and executive dialogues about business strategies and practices.
- Identify potential partners, strategic alliances, customers and suppliers as well as prospective sources of private capital.
- Provide access to informal, one-to-one guidance and support.
- Strengthen their executive leadership and business skills and identify opportunities to grow through meetings with senior advisors and seasoned entrepreneurs.
- Increase national and regional visibility for themselves and their companies among corporate executives, investors and the media.
- Applicant should be a woman business owner (at least a 51% owner) who is the founding CEO of any privately held US or Canadian company less than 10 years old. If there are other women co-founders, they may apply as a group if the group meets the ownership criteria;
- For those women who have sought outside investment, the founding woman entrepreneur may still apply if she retains a majority ownership stake of what’s left after deducting all outside investments;
- Company must have reported at least $2m in sales for each of the last two fiscal years. (Typical applicant company revenue ranges from $2m up to approximately $30m annually.)
- Applicants must be able to attend an intensive two-day orientation/ preparation session on October 4-5 as well as the EY Strategic Growth Forum, November 15-19, in Palm Springs, California. Attendance at both the Orientation and Strategic Growth Forum is mandatory. Those unable to commit to both events may be better served not applying;
- Please note the following additional eligibility rules:
- Only for-profit businesses may apply.
- Franchisors are eligible, but franchisees are not.
- Former EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Award winners are not eligible.
Entrepreneurial Winning Women will be expected to demonstrate the necessary qualities to take the fullest advantage of this opportunity, including ambitious company growth goals, energy, creativity, entrepreneurial purpose and passion.
- Applicants must have the confidence, conviction, tenacity, plan and overall professional acumen to take a high-potential business and scale it into a market leader.
- Additionally, Entrepreneurial Winning Women should have the maturity and level of business sophistication needed to interact effectively with potential investors, high-level business advisors and top executives.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel of independent judges representing successful entrepreneurs, investors and business leaders.
For more information, visit EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women Program.