United Nations Training for Palestinian Media Practitioners 2018 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: May 28, 2018
Applications are open for the UN Training Programme for Palestinian Media Practitioners. The programme aims to provide hands-on skills training on media related topic/s as well as expose the selected journalists to the work of the United Nations, especially its various activities and programmes affecting the lives of the people in the region.
As part of a special information programme mandated by the United Nations General Assembly, the UN Department of Public Information – Strategic Communications Division – Palestine, Decolonization and Human Rights Section organizes an annual training programme for Palestinian journalists. This five-week programme will be held in November/ December. Since it started in 1995, 190 journalists/trainees have benefited from the programme.
The United Nations will cover the costs of travel and accommodation.
- Open to Palestinian journalists
- At least one year of work experience in the field of journalism and print/online/broadcast media.
- Mastery of the English Language.
- Candidates should be between the ages of 23-33 years.
- The Department of Public Information will directly inform participants who have been selected.
- Applications from candidates employed within the UN system will not be considered.
- Participants will be required to comply with all rules of the programme and submit final projects, in order to ensure successful completion of the programme.
- Only applications completed through the online form will be accepted.
Deadline is Monday, 28 May 2018 (at 5:00 p.m. New York time).
For more information, visit UN Training for Palestinian Journalists.