Data for Local Impact (DLI) Innovation Challenge 2018 for Tanzanians
Deadline: June 11, 2018
Applications are open for the Data for Local Impact (DLI) Innovation Challenge 2018. The DLI Innovation Challenge aims to engage, support, and connect Tanzanian innovators, developers, and solution providers to each other and to opportunities to make a difference in people’s lives.
The Data for Local Impact (DLI) Innovation Challenge awards grants to Tanzanians (individuals, teams, and organizations) who have creative ideas about how to use or combine data – including open data – in new ways to gain insights or empower people through access to life-changing information. The DLI Innovation Challenge also aims to engage, support, and connect Tanzanian innovators, developers, and solution providers to each other and to opportunities to make a difference in people’s lives.
This Challenge Window will focus on problems identified by ordinary citizens from Temeke, Kyela, and Mbeya districts in context of another project, Data Zetu, which is focused on increasing data use at the subnational level.
In those districts, citizens shared concerns about a variety of issues that were then validated and further focused in consultation with local government officials from Kyela DC, Mbeya MC, and Temeke MC; officials from the Ministry of Health; non-government organisations; and the Tanzania Police Force.
The final challenge themes are below.
- Teenage Pregnancy
- Substance Abuse
- Physical/Sexual Abuse
- Early childhood development
- Youth and data-driven solutions
- Winners of the DLI Innovation Challenge will receive grants to enable them to develop the proposed solution over a period 3-6 months.
- In addition to receiving financial assistance, winners will be paired with a mentor who will help them develop their innovative ideas into a final product.
- Winners will also receive training and grant management support from the DLI Innovation Challenge team.
Are you an individual, team, or organization with an innovative idea for using community level data to address community level problems in Tanzania? Do you need funding to develop your idea?
- Tanzanian innovators, entrepreneurs, developers, and solution providers!
DLI Innovation Challenge to get your idea funded through the online application portal.
For more information, visit DLI Innovation Challenge.