Slush Global Impact Accelerator 2018 for Startups in Nigeria (Fully-funded to the Bootcamp in Helsinki)
Deadline: May 31, 2018
The Slush Global Impact Accelerator 2018 is now open for Startups in Nigeria. Slush Global Impact Accelerator (GIA) is a program created in collaboration with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and other multiple partners globally.
The purpose is to support impact-driven startups and showcase exciting business opportunities in emerging markets, which are also vital for implementing the Agenda 2030 and solving complex challenges. In addition, the program focuses on strengthening the networks between the impact actors, engaging the Nordic community with the global impact entrepreneurs, and enhancing the mobilization of capital towards impactful businesses.
GIA 2018 brings impact-driven entrepreneurs from emerging markets to Helsinki to accelerate their business, attract additional financing, and build long-lasting networks. For all selected entrepreneurs, they offer one-on-one, pre-event coaching online and Helsinki BootCamp program from November 27–December 7, 2018 culminating in Slush.
Finalist from the local accelerator program will be selected from a pitch competition and will have access to the global event which covers air tickets and accommodation.
- Access to Slush’s global network of entrepreneurs, investors, and expertise.
- Access to capacity building with leaders from all around the world.
- Pitching experience and the opportunity to pitch the way to Slush Helsinki 2018.
- Helsinki BootCamp program (through pitching competition)
- Access to Slush Helsinki 2018 (through pitching competition)
- Curated program for the event
- Access to matchmaking and industry specific events
They are looking for Impact startups in Nigeria that:
- Have the vision to solve pressing challenges globally
- Have a business idea that has gained some traction, but is still in an early phase
- Have a solution that supports the sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- Have potential to scale
- Have skills and drive to succeed
- Have at least one working prototype
- May 7- 31: Call for Application
- June 28: Shortlisted startups will be contacted
- August 1- September 6: Local Accelerator Program
- September 7: Pitching Day
- Nov. 26- December 5: Slush GIA Bootcamp in Helsinki for Finalist
For more information, visit Slush Global Impact Accelerator.