Call for participation: African Union Commission Regional Youth Consultations 2018 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: May 30, 2018
The call for participation is open for the African Union Commission Regional Youth Consultations 2018. Applications are open for interested participants to take part in the three regional consultations scheduled for July and August 2018 in Tunis, Tunisia; Dakar, Senegal; and Gaborone, Botswana.
The African Governance Platform through its Secretariat based at the Department of Political Affairs, African Union Commission will convene Regional Youth Consultations under the theme ‘Leveraging Youth Capacities for the fight against corruption in Africa’. This is line with the AU theme of the Year: Winning the Fight Against Corruption: A sustainable path to Africa’s Transformation.
The overall goal of the regional youth consultations is to provide a collaborative, open and inclusive space to leverage and foster meaningful participation of young people in the fight against corruption in Africa. It is expected that the consultations will provide actionable recommendations on meaningful youth engagement in the prevention and fight against corruption amongst others.
As part of the regional consultation activities, youth organizations will be afforded an opportunity to share their ideas and initiatives with participants on the AfricaTalks DGTrends Platform using a TED-Talk style approach. Kindly fill the section on the registration form indicating your willingness to present your initiatives at any of the regional forums.
Scholarships for travel & participation: the travel, visa and accommodation of selected youth participants will be covered by the African Union and its Partners. No additional application is needed for sponsorship. Self sponsored participants are also encouraged to apply.
In an effort to make these consultations as inclusive and diverse as possible, the African Union will select youth leaders engaged in State and non-State institutions who have made significant and demonstrable contribution (work experience and educational background) in the areas of anti-corruption, transparency and accountability, open governance systems as well as Freedom & Access to information.
Participants will be selected on the basis of their submission from an open call using the following selection criteria:
- Youth-led and oriented organisations implementing activities that are related to anti-corruption, transparency and accountability, open governance systems, as well as freedom and access to information programmes and activities in the Member States at all levels taking into consideration the diversity of young people;
- Representatives of national anti-corruption agencies, parliaments, security institutions as well as the judiciary amongst others;
- Think tanks and academic research institutions with experience in promoting youth participation in anti-corruption initiatives;
- Media practitioners;
- Youth participants should be between 18-35 years of age; and,
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Participants will be selected on the basis of motivation and experience. The AU will ensure balance in terms of age, gender, language, geography and diversity among selected participants.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information, visit AUC Regional Youth Consultations.