Young Insurance Professionals Programme 2018 for Young African Graduates
Deadline: June 6, 2018
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) invites applications are open for the Young Insurance Professionals Programme 2018. The objective of this annual online training programme is to offer brilliant graduates the possibility of accelerated career development thereby contributing to the progress of the African insurance and reinsurance sector.
The Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) is one of several ways Africa Re fulfils one of its missions to foster the development of the insurance and reinsurance industry in Africa. The YIPP is a starting point for an exciting career in the industry. It is a unique opportunity for young people with passion for insurance and reinsurance and the potential to become future leaders.
Every year, successful candidates for the Young Professionals Programme will undergo a one-year training programme with a “stretch/learning assignment” built in, where they will gain valuable on-the- job experience. The YIPP trainee will build a career by acquiring knowledge and competencies through a unique blend of on-the-job experience and a dedicated online training programme in insurance, reinsurance, management and leadership.
The programme is expected to positively impact participants to:
- Understand the Reinsurance industry and their future missions with regard to strong leadership, governance and accountability;
- Develop a constructive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets by reducing some poor practices and approaches;
- Improve professionalism
The African Reinsurance Corporation is an International Financial Institution with full diplomatic status and with headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria. Established in February 1976 by Member States of the former Organisation of African Unity (OAU), now African Union (AU), the African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading reinsurance company in Africa.
- Africa Re will sponsor the top ten young professionals, who successfully complete the YIPP programme, to one of the major insurance/reinsurance events in Africa (AIO, FANAF);
- A certificate of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance;
- Accelerated career development in the industry.
- Citizen of a member state of Africa Re;
- Maximum 32 years of age;
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent;
- Relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance broking firm or other related field;
- Access to the internet;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
Interested candidates are requested to submit an online application between 7 May and 6 June 2018. Log on to http://younginsurancepro.com and click on “Register” to fill in the application form. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Applicants should upload their curriculum vitae, reference forms and a cover letter. An interview may be part of the assessment process if deemed necessary.
Successful applicants will be contacted by email before 30 June 2018 and must be available to commence the programme in July 2018. Any candidate who does not participate in any of the modules will be excluded from the programme.
Enquiries about the application process should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit Young Insurance Professionals Programme.