Deadline: May 31, 2018
Do you have ideas that can change the world? Can your innovative idea change the face of sustainability? Submit your idea now for the AB InBev Africa Sustainability Challenge 2018.
AB InBev have globally launched their 2025 Sustainability Goals, which they hope, will help drive them and like-minded people to implement a positive change. They look to the top minds in Africa, in particular to come together to unearth and nurture innovative solutions to our continent’s most pressing challenges.
After all the solutions have been reviewed, 25 of the best will be selected to come to South Africa for an acceleration bootcamp. The top 15 winners from the bootcamp will win a trip to Africa’s Silicone Savannah in Nairobi Kenya, and go into the running to attend the global Accelerator in New York Accelerator.
Your idea should be a solution to one of these challenges:
- Smart Agriculture Challenge
- Water Stewardship Challenge
- Climate Action Challenge
- Circular Packaging Challenge
- Entrepreneurship Challenge
Each of the five pillars have their own specific challenge that align with the sustainability goals. To gain a better understanding of the sustainability goals and the challenges , read more about them and what each pillar entails.
- After all the solutions have been reviewed, 25 of the best will be selected to come to South Africa for an acceleration bootcamp.
- The top 15 winners from the bootcamp will win a trip to Africa’s Silicone Savannah in Nairobi Kenya, and go into the running to attend the global Accelerator in New York Accelerator.
- Open to applicants across Africa for persons between 18 and 38 years of age, that permanently resident in any of the African markets where the Promoter operates – Botswana, Namibia, Ghana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia.
- Open to businesses that can be utilised as part of the Promoter’s supply chain;
- Participants must submit an online entry and all documents (including the business owner’s identity document and business documents) as required;
- Only entries with all accompanying documentation will be entered into the competition. It is the responsibility of the Participant to ensure all documentation is present and correct;
- Only registered businesses that have been in operation for a minimum of 12 months may enter the Competition. The businesses being entered into the competition must already be formally and officially registered with the relevant law enforcement institutions within its country of operation, and must be run by the Participant on a full time basis. No Participant shall be allowed to enter the competition with more than one business.
- African Nationals
- Registered businesses
- Businesses operating for at least 12 months
- Business with minimum turnover of USD 16 000 annually
- 100 Participants will be pre-selected and screened by the Promoter for Phase 1 of the Competition.
- The Promoter will then select Participants for the interview process, after which 25 Participants will be selected and invited to attend a 3 day Acceleration Boot camp on the dates stipulated by the Promoter which will be communicated to the selected Participants.
- The Bootcamp will take place in South Africa. Participants will be required to physically travel to South Africa to attend the Boot camp. During the Boot camp, the Participants will be required to present their business solutions to a panel who will select a minimum of 10 Participants as finalists (“Finalists”).
- The Finalists will participate in a Regional experience tour to Sillicone Savannah, Nairobi Kenya, for the further strengthening of their businesses with insights from regional industry champions. Finalists will be expected to present to a panel and up to 3 of the Finalists will be awarded a share of $50 000.00 in prize money for the implementation of their business growth strategy.
- The Prize will include: – Return flights from the country of origin to the destination countries as per the prize phase on an airline/s of Promoter’s choice. Travel will only be on the dates stipulated by Promoter/Promoter’s Agency. The flight may not be a direct flight. Winners must arrange their own transport to and from the airport in the country of origin. – No alternative modes of travel will be considered outside of what the Promoter elects to book. – Necessary transfers to and from hotels, airports and outings at the Destination, as listed on the itinerary, will be provided by the Promoter. – Hotel accommodation of Promoter’s choice for the duration of the Boot camp or tour. – Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. All meals as per hotel menu. Any dietary requirements must be specifically communicated.
- The Promoter will not cover the cost of obtaining a visa, where necessary, and will not cover the cost for transport to and from the embassy for interviews and the like, and the Promoter does not guarantee that a visa will be awarded by the embassy and will not be liable in this regard.
- If you have a solution that could change the face of sustainability, follow the link to the application form.
- Read the application form thoroughly to understand what information is required and what you need to submit in order to be considered.
- Upload your 1-minute pitch video and submit your completed application.
- Feedback should be received within 8 weeks of your application.
For more information, visit AB InBev Africa Sustainability Challenge.