Deadline: October 1, 2018
Entries are invited for the Sartorius & Science Prize for Regenerative Medicine and Cell Therapy 2019. The Sartorius & Science Prize for Regenerative Medicine & Cell Therapy is an annual prize geared toward researchers focused on basic or translational research that advances regenerative medicine and cell therapy; for example cell-, gene-, or immunotherapy, tissue engineering, and materials engineering.
Established in 2017, the Prize is awarded annually to one researcher for the most outstanding basic or translational research conducted by him/her and as described in a 1,000 word essay.
- The winner is awarded US$25,000 and publication of his or her essay in Science. The Grand Prize essay and that of the Runner-up are also published on Science Online.
- The award is announced and presented at a ceremony for which Sartorius will provide financial support to help enable the grand prize winner to attend the ceremony.
- Entrants must have an advanced degree received on or after January 1, 2008. Candidates for M.D./Ph.D. degrees are eligible to compete for the prize if either their Ph.D. or final degree was awarded after January 1, 2008;
- The entrant’s essay must describe their research and its implications for regenerative medicine or cell therapy;
- The entrant must have performed the work described in the essay;
- Employees of Sartorius, its subsidiaries, Science and AAAS, and their relatives are not eligible for the prize.
Applicants must submit the following items:
- A completed Entry Form
- An essay, written by the applicant, which describes his or her research and showcases its innovation for the field. The essay must not exceed 1,000 words in length. The applicant must have performed all of the work
- A one-page letter of recommendation from his or her postdoctoral adviser, supervisor, or other senior colleague who is familiar with the entrant’s work
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes the following:
- Full citations of papers that the entrant has published on the research described in the essay
- Academic and professional awards and honors that the entrant has received; and
- Relevant professional experience
- Copies of two of the entrant’s papers that are most relevant to the essay.
The Entry Form and additional submission materials must be submitted electronically through the prize management system here.
For more information, visit Sartorius & Science Prize for Regenerative Medicine & Cell Therapy.