Zhi-Xing China Eisenhower Fellowship 2019 for US Citizens (Fully funded to China)
Deadline: September 1, 2018
Applications are invited for the Zhi-Xing China Eisenhower Fellowship 2019. The Zhi-Xing (知 行, “learning and travel”) Fellowship is a four-week professional and leadership development program that brings approximately 10 mid-career U.S. leaders to China. The fellowship features intensive cultural immersion, group sessions with Chinese and U.S. experts and two weeks of individually-tailored travel and meetings in four to six Chinese cities around the country.
The fellowship is supported by China’s Ministry of Education and overseen by its international exchange & cooperation agency, the China Education Association for International Exchange (CEAIE). The Zhi-Xing program has its genesis in the annual talk on People-to-People Exchange between the United States government and China. The fellowship is designed to advance greater understanding between the people of the two nations. Launched in 2015, CEAIE and Eisenhower Fellowships (EF) work in partnership to design and implement this fellowship as a component of EF’s USA Programs.
- All economy-class roundtrip transportation and hotel (one night, if necessary) for the in-person interview in Philadelphia are covered by EF.
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents;
- Competitive applicants generally fall within the age range of approximately 32 to 45 years old, as this is a fellowship aimed at ascendant mid-career professionals, not students or full-time academics. While they do consider candidates who are older or younger than this, the farther your age falls outside of this age range, the less competitive your application will be.
- Successful candidates typically display the following characteristics in their applications:
- Demonstrate not only significant accomplishments within their communities and their professions but also high potential for growth and broader impact;
- Propose a compelling fellowship program that takes full advantage of this unique opportunity;
- Identify a project or initiative they intend to develop during the fellowship and are able to articulate how this experience will help them meet that goal and create positive impact; and
- Commit to engage actively with the global Eisenhower Fellowship network throughout their lifetime.
Before applying, all candidates should consider carefully whether their professional and personal circumstances will allow them to participate in an intensive, four-week fellowship in China. Beginning a couple months prior to travel, Eisenhower Fellows must devote significant time to researching and preparing for their fellowship. All fellowship travel must take place with the group during the month of June. Deferrals until the following year are not allowed.
Candidates who are selected as finalists will be invited for an in-person interview in Philadelphia on November 7 or 8, 2018. In-person interviews are required and cannot be done via Skype or telephone. If you cannot make the in-person interview during the scheduled dates, you cannot be considered for the program.
For more information, visit Zhi-Xing China Eisenhower Fellowship.