Africa Check TRi Facts Training and Mentoring Programme 2018 for Media Organisations (Fully funded)
Deadline: June 10, 2018
TRi Facts, Africa Check’s training unit, invites community media organisations to apply for a two-day fact-checking and verification training workshop with continuing on-the-job support funded by the Raith Foundation. From June 2018 to February 2019, TRi Facts will be running a fact-checking training and mentoring programme aimed at helping a community media organisation implement fact-checking journalism that will form part of their editorial output.
Africa Check is an independent, non-partisan organisation which assesses claims made in the public arena using journalistic skills and evidence drawn from the latest online tools, readers, public sources and experts, sorting fact from fiction and publishing the results.
- All expenses, including lodging, travel and meals related to participation in the training programme will be covered by the organiser. This funding does not cover salaries or per diems, and only covers the cost of mentorship during the mentorship stage. There is no payment for participation in the monitoring and evaluation stages, and there is no payment for submission of fact-checking reports.
- On completion of the programmes, TRi Facts will provide:
- A certificate of completion
- An opportunity to have your fact-checking reports distributed via Africa Check’s channels should they meet certain standards
- Open to community media organisations
- You will need the following:
- Be prepared to commit your team to a two-day training workshop
- Champion fact-checkers within your organisation and partner organisations
- Be able to participate in a mentorship programme until February 2019. The mentorship will be structured to suit the media environment
- Commit to producing fact-checking reports (on a regular basis) between August 2018-January 2019.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation process of the programme
The application form must be completed by a senior person (i.e. editor, news editor, managing editor, publisher or similar)
For more information, visit Africa Check TRi Facts Training and Mentoring Programme.