Reporters Without Borders’ Rest and Refuge Scholarship 2018/19 for Journalists in Crisis & War (Fully-funded)
Deadline: June 17, 2018
Applications are open for the Reporters Without Borders Rest and Refuge Scholarship 2018/19. The scholarship will be awarded to two journalists from countries in crisis or war to stay in Berlin. They offer them a time of refuge and rest up to three months. The first journalist will be invited from September to November 2018, the second from March to May 2019.
Rest and Refuge Scholarship is a project run by Reporters without Borders Germany and taz Panter Foundation, a non-profit organization linked to die tageszeitung (taz), a daily newspaper in Berlin.
- The scholarship provides travel expenses, a decent apartment, pocket money and free transportation in Berlin for up to three months. Participants may completely withdraw from public life, use the time for writing or thinking, or they may want to explore political life in Berlin.
- Open to journalists who need a time out from their difficult working conditions. This might be the case after covering stories in an oppressive environment or after covering stories in war or unrest; or
- Journalists who feel the need to lie low awhile and get out of the view of state security because of their journalistic work;
- Participants have to be able to communicate in basic English or in German;
- Participants should have a relevant working-experience as journalists. They must have the intention to return to their country after three months.
For more information, visit Rest and Refuge Scholarship.