Deadline: June 15, 2018
Applications are open to young Africans from Malawi, Rwanda, Senegal and Morocco for the CorpsAfrica Volunteer Program 2018. CorpsAfrica provides Africans the opportunity to serve as volunteers for one year in a rural, high-poverty community to help find and implement solutions to poverty at the community level, along the lines of the Peace Corps model.
The Volunteer dedicates his/her time to living and working with local people to identify an area of concern for the community, design a solution to address the concern, implement the solution with local partners, and monitor and evaluate the results.
CorpsAfrica Volunteer are expected to:
- Commit to working in a high-poverty community in Malawi to improve the quality of life of the community
- Serve where CorpsAfrica asks you to go, under conditions of hardship, if necessary
- Recognize that your success is based on building trust and confidence with your host community
- Recognize that you are responsible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your personal conduct and professional performance
- Engage with host community partners in a spirit of cooperation, mutual learning, and respect
- Exercise good judgment and personal responsibility to protect your health, safety, and well-being
- CorpsAfrica Volunteers receive the following before and during Service:
- Expert pre-service and in-service training from development and management professionals
- A living allowance adequate to support the Volunteer in his/her site and health insurance
- Travel funds for official CorpsAfrica business
- CorpsAfrica Volunteers will receive the following upon successful completion of service:
- An end-of-service readjustment allowance
- Certificate of completion
- Letter of recommendation
- Applicants must be a citizen of Malawi, Rwanda, Senegal or Morocco or have successfully completed CorpsAfrica service in another country.
- Should be 21 years of age or older at the time of the start of your service
- A university degree or equivalent professional experience
- No record of criminal activity that would demonstrate unsuitability for CorpsAfrica service
- No conflict of interest that would interfere with duties and responsibilities
- Successful Applicants May Also Have the Following Abilities and Experiences:
- Experience with work in the social sector (e.g. as a member/volunteer/leader of an association)
- Specific skills and expertise in one or more of the following: crop diversity, irrigation, forestry, WASH, agribusiness, or other agriculture related activities
- Experience with managing a personal and/or organizational budget
- Experience with designing, implementing, and monitoring new projects
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills
- Malawi: Click here for the application. Deadline is June 15, 2018; training is set to start on August 1.
- Rwanda: Click here for the application. Deadline is June 15, 2018; training is set to start on August 1.
- Senegal: Click here for the application (in French). Deadline is June 29, 2018; training is set to start on August 25.
- Morocco: Click here for the application in English – click here for the application in French. Deadline is June 15, 2018; training is set to start on August 1.
For more information, visit CorpsAfrica Volunteer Program.