Deadline: July 1, 2018
Applications are open for the WE Empower UN SDG Challenge for Women Entrepreneurs. The WE Empower Challenge is a global business competition for women entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030.
If you are a woman entrepreneur who is helping to shape community dialogue about women’s advancement and the SDGs in your region, apply now!
Five selected awardees, one from each UN region, will be chosen from those who apply by 1 July 2018. The successful awardees will be notified in early August 2018 and will receive an all-expenses paid trip to New York during the UN Global Goals week (24 – 29 September 2018) to participate in a series of tailored trainings and events.
Awardees will also:
- On Tuesday, September 25 participate in a dynamic pitch event hosted by Diane von Furstenberg that brings together top business, tech, venture capital and media leaders with an opportunity for one awardee to receive a $20,000 grant to further their business;
- Attend a high-level dialogue with senior UN Officials, the Council of Women World Leaders and the Women Political Leaders Global Forum;
- Participate in Global Citizen week events including a ticket to attend the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park on Saturday Sept 29th; and
- Participate at the UN Private Sector Forum event convened by the UN Secretary-General.
Open to women entrepreneurs who are helping to shape community dialogue about women’s advancement and the SDGs.
- Your business been in operation for more than three years
- You employ at least three full time staff (or full time equivalent)?
- You are a for-profit or social entrepreneur (for this competition a social enterprise is a for-profit business with a social mission)
- Your business generate at least $100,000 USD in annual sales
- You are available to travel to New York City between September 23-29, 2018
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected].
For more information, visit WE Empower Challenge.